Resurface Old, Worn or Damaged Concrete
Featured Product: Flo-Coat Concrete Resurfacer
For a successful concrete resurfacing project, proper surface preparation is critical.
- Use only when the product, air, and surface temperatures are above 500F for a minimum of 24 hours.
- The existing substrate must be sound, solid, and clean. A 2,500 psi pressure washer will remove most contaminates. Remove all loose and foreign materials such as sealers, paints, curing compounds or glues. If not removed, Flo-Coat Concrete Resurfacer will not bond properly to the concrete surface.
- Prior to application, fill any cracks larger than 1/8” using Flo-Coat mixed to a trowel grade consistency.
- Dampen concrete surface bringing it to a SSD (Surface Saturated Dry) condition before applying Flo-Coat Concrete Resurfacer.
DO NOT USE A BONDING AGENT.
- Add clean potable water and then the Flo-Coat Concrete Resurfacer into a 5-gallon pail.
- Using a power drill and a mortar or paint mixing paddle, mix for a maximum of 3 minutes to achieve a workable mix and allow the material sit for 1 minute.
- Continue mixing to a lump free pourable consistency, mixing small amounts of water as needed to achieve a flowable consistency.
Note: Excessive water reduces strength and durability and can cause cracking, dusting or scaling to the resurfacing material. AVOID A SOUPY MIX.
- Pour the mixed product onto the properly prepped concrete surface. Flo-Coat Concrete Resurfacer can be colored and can also be spray applied*.
- Using a squeegee, pull the material across the concrete surface to spread it evenly. Flo-Coat Resurfacer may be applied from feather edge to 1/2” in thickness.
- Tap the squeegee periodically to remove excess material. Using an old towel, wipe the squeegee to remove all material prior to finishing.
*See technical data sheet for additional instructions.
Once the product has been applied smoothly and evenly over the entire surface, use a broom to add texture to the surface. This technic is used to prevent the surface from being slick when finished and will also help to remove any squeegee lines created when applying the product.
For complete product information, please refer to product data sheet.