Blacktop Crack Repair
Many contributing factors and causes are associated with crack development in asphalt and blacktop pavements.
- Excessive moisture
- Ground movement
- Heat and UV exposure
- Poor surface maintenance
- Time and Age
There are a variety of ways to repair developing cracks and SAKRETE offers easy solutions for repairing various size imperfections.
Blacktop Repair Tube - Used to fill small cracks in blacktop surfaces that range in width of 1/8” to 3/8”.
Blacktop Crack Filler - Designed with an easy pour spout for repairing cracks in blacktop that are up to ½” wide to 3/8” deep.
Trowelable Blacktop Patch - Heavy duty black mastic repair material, used to smooth unsightly alligator cracking, pitting and imperfections in pavement and also for filling cracks up to 1” wide.
Blacktop crack repair tips:
Preparation is key to any repair project
- Clean the entire surface before application.
- Sweep out any standing water or debris.
- Backfill deep cracks with sand or foam backer rod to within 3/8” of the repair surface.
- Slightly widen very small cracks to allow room for the material to penetration.
- Follow material instructions for preparation, use and placement.