Roof Coating & Mortar
Roofing installations and material options are so much more than tarp and shingles. Flat roof or “low slope” roof installations use materials like, asphalt, aluminum and metal. Another common roof covering is the installation of roof tiles.
Each roof installation types require specific coatings or setting material to establish and maintain the integrity of the roofs performance. Materials used in these installations contribute to:
- Protection from the sun’s destructive rays
- Reflectiveness to reduce internal room temperature
- Reduced susceptibility to oxidative degradation
- Flexibility in cold weather
- Consistent quality adhesiveness for final roofing surface
SAKRETE offers several roofing material options:
Aluminum Coating – Formulated from specially refined asphalt, aromatic and aliphatic solvents, reinforcing non-asbestos fibers and leafing aluminum paste. Spreads easily and evenly by brush, roller or spray.
Fibered Roof Coating – Fibered Roof Coating is formulated from refined higher softening point asphalt, non-asbestos reinforcing fibers and petroleum solvents.
Premium Aluminum Roof Coating – Formulated from specially refined asphalt, aliphatic solvents, reinforcing non-asbestos fibers and ASTM D-962 leading aluminum paste. Spreads easily and evenly by brush or spray.
Roof Tile Mortar* – A mixture of masonry cement and sand. Meets ASTM C 270 Specifications for Type M Mortar and meets South Florida and Metro-Dade Building Code Requirements.
Tips for roof coating & mortar use:
- Research and confirm the correct material needed for proper roof coating.
- Prepare the roof surface prior to roof coating application.
- For uniform color and consistency, stir roof coating material thoroughly before use.
- Before using SAKRETE Roof Tile Mortar, know the tile type limitations.
- Read and follow the material instructions for preparation, use and placement.
*Material only available in Florida