Roof Patch & Repair
Constructed roofing for a homes, office buildings or large commercial facilities, will at some point and time require repairs. There are several reasons for roofing breakdowns:
- Building Settlement
- Lack of preventive maintenance
- Exposure to harsh climates and elements
- Failure of seems around chimneys, skylights, drains and other roof perimeters
An occasional roof inspection and implementing a plan for preventive maintenance can save time and expensive. Harsh weather and outdoor elements play a contributing factor in the decline of a roofs stability. As the roof coating deteriorates under these types of conditions, water penetration can begin. This intrusion can be devastating to the roof’s integrity if not identified quickly and remedied.
SAKRETE offers several roofing repair products that can be used on a wide variety of roofing materials.
Cold Lap Cement – A semi-mastic liquid adhesive for applying saturated felt and roll roofing materials.
Plastic Roof Cement – A fibrated asphaltic cement for repairing holes and cracks in roofing.
Wet/Dry Roof Cement – A fibrated asphaltic cement for repairing all types of roof surfaces and for waterproofing and flashing where a heavy duty product is required.
Tips for roof patch & repair:
- Research and confirm the correct material needed for proper roof repair.
- Prepare the roof surface prior to applying roof repair material.
- Read and follow the material instructions for preparation, use and placement.