Paver Setting Solutions
Popular landscaping layouts and designs include the addition of paver and natural stone walkways, patios and other outdoor living and entertaining spaces. It is a valued way of beatifying your space, requires low maintenance and contributes to increased property value.
There are many paver and stone choices available for the homeowner.
- Natural Stone
- Brick Pavers
- Flagstone Pavers
- Concrete Pavers
- Interlocking Pavers
- Permeable Pavers
The beauty of using pavers is that they can be designed and placed by anyone.
Things to do before you begin this project is:
- Locate or create the layout or desired design
- Choose the paver type
- Determine the supporting materials needed to make your design come to life
SAKRETE offers supporting products for your paver installation project:
Leveling Sand – Sand used over paver base sand when setting pavers.
Multi-Purpose Sand - A graded, washed, and dried sand that can be used as paver base.
Paver Frame and Spikes – Edge restraint tools used to encase and border the paver area.
Polymeric Paver Sands - – A mixture of sand and special additives designed to fill and set the joints between pavers, bricks or natural stone. Used to reduce weed growth and resists joint wash-out that occurs when using only sand. Available items are Paver Set Polymeric Sand & PermaSand Jointing Sand.
Sand Mix – A preblended mixture of sand and cementitious materials. A perfect bedding mix for permanently setting pavers, brick and stone in horizontal projects. Use material from ½” to 2” deep.
Tips for using paver setting solutions:
- Know your material needs before you begin the project. Preparation is key.
- Make a plan, measure your space, draw out your paver project in advance.
- Create an adequate barrier between the soil and the base sand bed to minimize weed growth.
- Install a well compacted bed of base sand and an adequate layer of leveling sand.
- Place edge restraints, pavers and jointing sand.
- For existing paver areas, verify the joint space is within the materials limit of use.
- Read and follow the material instructions for preparation, use and placement.