Sand & Gravel
Sand & gravel are both among the most accessible natural resources in the country. These natural resources are used in a multitude of industries and for many different projects, installations and applications.
- Variety of landscaping projects
- Gardens, playgrounds and sand boxes
- Pet areas
- Erosion control
- Traction in winter
- Sand base
- Filling joints of patio paver installations
- Used in custom concrete and mortar mixes
- Coarse aggregate used in custom concrete mixes
- Landscaping and decoration
- Base material under concrete slabs
- Drainage base layer used for footings and posts
SAKRETE packages these naturally resourced materials and are available for a variety of uses and needs.
All Purpose Gravel – A general purpose gravel with variety of uses for landscaping or as a base for slabs and footings.
Leveling Sand – A sand used over paver base sand when setting pavers.
Mason Sand – A graded and washed sand used for custom mortar mixes.
Multi-Purpose Sand – A general purpose product for landscaping projects and other general applications.
All-Natural Play Sand – A screened and washed fine sand.
Traction Sand – Provides added traction on snow and ice.
Tube Sand – Great for traction in slick conditions and as additional weight in the vehicles. Also used as ballast weight.
Tips for sand & gravel use:
- Dampen sand after placement in landscaping and sand boxes.
- SAKRETE sands are not recommended materials for sandblasting.
- Wear a face mask when pouring sand and gravel.
- Read and follow the material instructions for use and placement.