Setting Posts and Poles
Featured Product: Fast Setting Concrete Mix
If using a dry-mix method with Fast-Setting Concrete, NO PREMIXING IS REQUIRED.
- Dig a hole using a post-hole digger to 1/3 the length of the post and insert the post.
- Have someone hold the post and ensure it is level.
- Pour the hole approximately 1/3 of the way full with water.
- Pour Fast-Setting Concrete Mix in the hole, ensuring the product is poured all the way around.
- Add water as needed to the surface of the mix to completely hydrate the material.
- No bracing required.
Sakrete Fast-Setting Concrete Mix will set in approximately 30 minutes.
For a higher yield per bag material that requires fewer bags to haul, use Maximizer Concrete Mix.
For complete product information, please refer to the product data sheet.
- Concrete & Sand Mix
- Post Setting - Round Post
- Post Setting - Square Post
- Filling a Round Hole (For Post Supports) and Filling Sakrete Form Tubes
- Polymeric Sand/Paver Set/Perma Sand
- US Cold Patch
- All Weather Black Top Patch
- Maximizer Post Setting - Round Post
- Maximizer Post Setting - Square Post
- Maximizer Filling a Round Hole and Filling Sakrete Form Tubes
- Mortar Mix
- Surface Bonding Cement
- Top'n Bond & Flo-Coat
- B-1 Leveler
Calculated results will reflect how many bags are needed for Block and Brick.
Enter the number of bricks (8" x 2" x 4") or blocks (8" x 8" x16") in the box below that you plan to use for your project. The calculator will then tell you the number of bags you need based on the different size of bags we carry.
This calculator is based on a 3/8" mortar joint. All yields are approximate and do not include an allowance for waste, uneven subgrade or any other variations from the joint size and brick and block sizes noted above.
Results will change if form of measurement is updated.